Hello one and all Challenge players 😀 Here we are at week 4 again of another month! The end of our 5th month – Wow!!
I’ve thoroughly enjoyed these past months doing this challenge with you all – learning, creating, experimenting.. and getting to know you little bits along the way. Fun! Visiting around the blogs, there really is some fantastic experimentation and creativity happening.. and some wonderful generosity. Thank you all!
~ Grab a cuppa folks and read when you can – there’s info about our new review month in April. Thanks ~
A couple of reminders this week:
- Next week is NOT a challenge week as it’s the 5th Monday..
- ..and moving into April – by now you’d be aware, April will not be a usual challenge month, but instead a review month. More on this further on in the post.
- Please keep tagging your post with One Four Challenge, so we can view your posts in Reader… and link up here too – leaving your post link in comments!
- If you are on another blogging platform, please leave a link in a comment on this post, so we can find you! (Note: some blogging platforms will not allow ‘robot proofing’ in comments from mobile devices).
- It’s great to have everyone joining in and to see what we are all doing 😀
Review month for April
The month of April will be our very first review month for the One Four Challenge – not our usual editing posts. Play along if you’ve been a part of the One Four Challenge so far. It will be so good to look back over our work from these past months 😀
The review month is a new addition to the One Four Challenge – these are my thoughts on a review month and the options open to us.
We’ll post a gallery showcasing our work from the previous months.
Share a gallery (on your blog any time in April) of some of your favourite edits from Nov, Dec, Jan and Feb OR the months you have joined us.
Ideas -these are additional to a gallery and optional – the choice is yours.
- Rework or Revisit some / any / none of your previous One Four challenge images. Maybe there’s an image that you’d really like to revisit / re-edit – this is the time to do it and share with us!
- A Down Month – You could use the review month as a ‘down’ month, just sharing a gallery and getting outside, taking lots of photos 😀
- Post once or more whenever you like throughout April – weekly or once only – link to my main April review post (and tag), so we can still find each other throughout the month. I’ll make sure my main post is accessible.
Thanks for reading this blurb – if you have any questions, please ask me. It’s a pretty flexible idea, within this framework. Do what suits you and most of all – Enjoy!! Hope you have fun with it.
This week I knew I wanted to do a BW or mono version, but still in keeping with the softness of the image so far. As the weeks have passed, I’ve been thinking ‘weddings’ relating to this image (it’s been mentioned) – so with that in mind, I used that as my direction for this week.
While creating I had in mind an old fashioned, hard cover, music box, wedding album with vellum pages and soft monotone images..
– Please click for a larger, sharper view
To achieve this look, I started with the base image from week 2 in PS.
Starting with a copy of my week 2 base layer, I rotated and cropped the image, which left some transparent corners. Using the magic wand tool, I selected each of the corners and clicked Edit, Fill, Content Aware. This completed the image.
Next I added a new plain white layer (35% opacity) on top of the previous layer.. and then added another copy of my newly created layer (3) above that. I scaled layer 3 so that it was smaller, creating a transparent frame.
Now some adjustment layers:
- BW layer with a hint of red – played with sliders until happy
- Channel Mixer layer – to achieve the tones I wanted
- Curves contrast
I wanted to try a bit of texture in this image too, so I added 2 Bokeh layers (my own image @ 50% Lighten) and rotated them until they sat where I wanted.
I thought I’d like to try giving the image a greeting card feel too, so I added a transparent rectangle layer across the bottom and then text on top of that. These can be removed easily if not wanted.
That’s it for my week 4!! Your kind thoughts and comments are always welcome and appreciated!
Ok, being week 4, I’d best remember my gallery this time 😀 Here goes..
You are most welcome to vote for your favourite if you have one 😀
How has your week been creating your 4th and final March image? As usual, I’m looking forward to seeing them all!!
About the challenge and how it works:
This challenge is about processing 1 image in 4 different ways over 4 weeks. We will all process / post edit (our own chosen image) and share a different version each week. Process it however you like… and tell us a bit about it. You don’t have to show the original image unless you’d like to. (I’m going to show mine in week 4 along with the 4 variations from the month). Try new things, experiment. Be as creative or subtle as you wish to be. Each week starts again on Monday (Aussie time) and closes off the following Sunday (at the end of the day), so there is a whole week for you to create your post, link up here and tag your post. This is a ongoing challenge. We will do the 1st four Mondays of the month. If there are 5 Mondays in a month – we’ll still only post on 4. Please TAG with One Four Challenge – thanks so much. As well as a link (to my blog post) in your own post – would you mind leaving your post link on my blog post too please – in comments if you could – this way we are aware of everyone’s blog posts. Thank you!
That’s it for March!! It flew by so quickly for me. Phew! Remember there is no challenge next week as it’s the 5th week and then April is our review month. New things and excitement 😀
Have a great week everyone… and if you got this far, thank you very much for reading this post.