I’ve been away from One Photo Focus for a few months – time just hasn’t allowed, but I’m happy to be back… again 😉
When I saw that the chosen image to work on, was Ben’s this time ’round, I knew it would be fun.. and I thought – something challenging. Surprise! Ben offered us a fabulous 3 bracketed image to create with if we chose to – I did!
First I turned Ben’s bracketed images into one HDR image… this was my result below.
I started experimenting next, as I wasn’t sure what I was hoping to achieve.. I decided to go into Topaz Restyle for some inspiration and it worked. I found a preset with an almost fluro green in it – I don’t usually like green, except on plants 😉 Note: I’ve been working on a laptop that show colours in a weird way – so lol… IF it’s over the top, I don’t know about that yet.. he he…
Somehow I got a ‘Steampunk’ kind of feeling from the ‘green-ness’, the structure of the building and the clouds.. and decided to go that way.. a little bit.
Here is my final result using Ben’s image and these are the steps I took to arrive at this result:
I can’t quite put my finger on what ‘style’ this really is – is it Steam punk or is is something else? I can imagine men with top hats and swirly moustaches.. and ladies in long dresses with bustles and hats and umbrellas.. and perhaps a dragon?? ..and some magnificent flying machines! 😀
The formal garden beds with new daisy plants were some I photographed last week, on my way home from the Art Gallery. I thought I’d try them here, hoping I hadn’t forgotten my perspective lessons from art school.
I’ll try to remember what I did.
Lightroom – I merged the bracketed images in Lightroom. Made some adjustments to exposure, shadows, highlights and clarity.
PS – When I got to PS, I hopped straight into Topaz Restyle and found I liked the green, so I went back to PS.
I cropped the image, added the garden beds and the ducks and did some selective dodging and burning.
In brief, that’s really what I did. Plenty of fiddling around, trying other things to finally decide I liked it best the way it was. I wanted some kind of formal structure in my edition to work with the wonderful castle.
Once again, I thoroughly enjoyed working on someone else’s image – thank you Ben 🙂 – and it’s great knowing that there are others working on the same image too – it is challenging and fun! You can view them all on Stacy’s blog at Visual Venturing.
I hope the link will be correct (I am scheduling before Stacy’s post). If not for some reason, click here 😀
..and many thanks to Stacy for hosting this fun!