Welcome back to the One Four Challenge – the first week back after our August Review month! I hope you really enjoyed the time out. I know I did! 😀
I’ve seen some great reviews across the blogs and it’s been good to look back and revisit some favourite images and to see them in a new light. It amazes me how subtle (or not) changes can make an image look new and fresh to us.
A warm welcome too, to the new folks joining us! Jump on in and experiment – visit around the One Four blogs and be inspired!
This month I’ve chosen a sunset to work with – but I guess it’s not a typical sunset. This one was taken across a river, looking through trees on the riverbank.
I’d like to try to bring out the detail this time around, while staying true to what I saw on the day (although I’ll probably need to do an arty version as well). It’ll be interesting to see what happens and what inspirations come.
– Please click for a larger, sharper view
For this first week, my steps were:
Start in Camera Raw. Adjust lens profile correction, which removed some vignetting. Raise Clarity slightly. Then out to PS. Add a Curves layer and reduce noise (due to low light).
That’s it for week one for me.
Your kind thoughts and comments are always welcome and appreciated!
Change it up?
If anyone feels like adding an extra layer to this challenge for this month – please feel free to find one partner (within the One Four Challenge) and swap/combine images, to see what you can come up with by week 4. (See July week 4 – Emilio’s and my combining of our two images).
This is not a requirement at all, but just an extra if you’re looking for an added challenge layer 😀
Once again, it’s over to you, to see your chosen image and your first edition for September. Have fun!!
About the challenge and how it works:
- This challenge is about processing 1 image in 4 different ways over 4 weeks.
- We will all process / post edit (our own chosen image) and share a different version each week. Process it however you like… and tell us a bit about it. You don’t have to show the original image unless you’d like to. (I’m going to show mine in week 4 along with the 4 variations from the month). Others show theirs from the start. The choice is yours.
- Try new things, experiment. Be as creative or subtle as you wish to be. All skill levels are welcome.
- Each week starts again on Monday (Aussie time) and closes off the following Sunday (at the end of the day), so there is a whole week for you to create your post, link up here and tag your post.
Please Tag and Link up – this makes our challenge work.
- For WordPress blogs – Tag all of your One Four posts with One Four Challenge, so we can view your posts in the WordPress Reader. See this tutorial on how this works.
- For Blogger and other platforms – If you are on another blogging platform, please leave a link in a comment on this post, so we can find you!
- For everyone joining in – please leave a link to your post, under my corresponding blog post for the week.
This is a ongoing challenge. Experiment, play, learn and have fun! We will do the 1st four Mondays of the month..and if there are 5 Mondays in a month – we’ll still only post on 4. Enjoy! The review month
(Note: if you are on Blogger – I will reply to your One Four post here on my blog, under your comment / post link. I am unsure why, but my message replies don’t seem to work – others have found the same – so look for them here please).
The review months are a regular part of our challenge. In the review month, the One Four Challenge takes a break from the regular schedule to revisit some of our previous images, or simply to take some time out for a month.
This is how it works:
- May, June, July – One Four Challenge
- August – Review month
- September, October, November – One Four Challenge
- December – Review month
- January, February, March – One Four Challenge
- April – Review month… and so it goes 😉
Also a note to say that as we grow, getting around the blogs is taking more time to leave a comment.. but I will get there. I don’t want to miss any 😀 Thanks for your patience.
I’ve been trying to work out a way to see all of the posts for the One Four Challenge in one view (WP and other blogging platforms), as well as seeing them in WP Reader and I’ve realised that Bloglovin’ does the same thing…and I’m sure there are other feeds as well. I’m going to try Bloglovin and see if it works for me this month.. I’ll still be using WP Reader too.. We’ll see. What do you do to keep a track of the blogs you read/follow?
I hope you’re excited about another round… I know I am!