Hello again everyone and welcome once again to week 1 of October. Did you know this is our 12th month playing the One Four Challenge? – it’s gone by so quickly and it’s been a fun journey so far. It’s also been such fun getting to know each other through the challenge (each and everyone who has participated) and seeing everyone’s progress along the way.
Now up front, I do need to tell you something… I need to take a break and step away from the computer for a while (after October’s challenge). I’m afraid I’ve been struggling with my back again for a while now and this week has been a particularly difficult week. I’m sure you’ve noticed it’s taking me longer to reply. I simply need to stop sitting at the computer, which I also do for my day job. So at the end of October, the One Four Challenge and Me will be taking a break for a while.
…I will return when I can and so will the challenge. I know this is a surprise and of course it’s not an easy decision, but I simply need to do this.
Has has your week been? Hope it’s been a good one 🙂 Ok, onward with the challenge!
This month I decided to play with something completely random, as you can see. This quirky set of objects really appealed to me… I think it’s very McRetro looking 🙂
– Please click for a larger, sharper view
This week I opened in Camera Raw, making minor adjustments to highlights, shadows and clarity. Then I opened in PS – did a touch of cloning and added a curves layer. That’s it for this week.
It’s over to you and to your image. Looking forward to seeing our image for October!
About the challenge and how it works:
- This challenge is about processing 1 image in 4 different ways over 4 weeks.
- We will all process / post edit (our own chosen image) and share a different version each week. Process it however you like… and tell us a bit about it. You don’t have to show the original image unless you’d like to. (I’m going to show mine in week 4 along with the 4 variations from the month). Others show theirs from the start. The choice is yours.
- Try new things, experiment. Be as creative or subtle as you wish to be. All skill levels are welcome.
- Each week starts again on Monday (Aussie time) and closes off the following Sunday (at the end of the day), so there is a whole week for you to create your post, link up here and tag your post.
Please Tag and Link up – this makes our challenge work.
- For WordPress blogs – Tag all of your One Four posts with One Four Challenge, so we can view your posts in the WordPress Reader. See this tutorial on how this works.
- For Blogger and other platforms – If you are on another blogging platform, please leave a link in a comment on this post, so we can find you!
- For everyone joining in – please leave a link to your post, under my corresponding blog post for the week.
(Note: if you are on Blogger – I will reply to your One Four post here on my blog, under your comment / post link. I am unsure why, but my message replies don’t seem to work – others have found the same – so look for them here please).
Thank you for understanding my needs. Lets do October!