Hello everyone, I’m still alive! .. and it’s week 3 of October’s challenge 😀
Do hope it’s been another good week for us all. My week has seen me moving forward and for that I’m thankful.
Ok, I have some news to share!!
I’ve been feeling pretty terrible about cutting the challenge short so quickly, and my head and my back have been fighting over this. I’m still going to take a break… but… the news!
Nic has kindly agreed to host the One Four Challenge for November. This means the challenge goes on for November and instead of leaving links on my site for November, you’ll leave them on Nic’s corresponding posts and she will visit your posts and I know she’ll do a better job than I’ve been doing lately visiting all of the participants. I’m still coming! I hope you will join Nic for November 😀
I will schedule posts for the first Mondays in November to point you to Nic’s site. November has 5 Mondays, but we’ll play for 4 and they will be the 2nd, 9th, 16th and 23rd.
After that come December, we’ll be back on my site with the review month for December…and it will begin on the 7th December.
I’d like to use December to wrap up our challenge for now ( I’m thinking we’ll return at a later date with the challenge [ if there is interest – we did say it was for a time ] – and as yet a time undetermined ). I know many of us who began at the start of the challenge are now feeling it’s time to take a break. Enjoy it! It’s been such fun doing this with all of you 😀
I’m hoping that all of us who’ve played along might be able to jump in for December’s review month and talk about our favourite images from the whole year, stuff we’ve learned etc. perhaps even a favourite editing trick we’ve learned and now use often or regularly. New software we’ve found etc. It’ll be great to have the participation if it’s possible for you.
Another reminder too from last week’s post:
As the One Four Challenge will be taking a break, I’d like to give you some options for a couple of other fun editing challenges.. and I know you’ll be welcome to join in.
- After Before Friday is a weekly editing challenge hosted by Ben – you can read more here and..
- One Photo Focus is a monthly editing challenge hosted by Stacy – you can read more here.
If you’d like to keep being challenged, I hope you’ll give one or both of these a go – they are fun and hosted by some very nice and talented people 😀
I hope all of this makes sense and now it’s onto week 3.
– Please click for a larger, sharper view
Ta da!! I decided to go ‘properly’ retro this week. Rounded corners and all, as they were often in the 70’s.
So for this week, I started with my week 1 PS file again, de-saturated the blues and a probably half of the yellow. I removed the bar code and added another flare – this time a sunburst in Auto FX and then I tweaked the colours to retro using this tutorial by Spoongraphics, which is done with curves.
Finally I added a fair bit of grain using the Filter Gallery in PS. This kinda feels right to me. I wonder what you think.
Your kind thoughts and comments are always welcome and appreciated!
It’s over to you again and to your image 😀
About the challenge and how it works:
- This challenge is about processing 1 image in 4 different ways over 4 weeks.
- We will all process / post edit (our own chosen image) and share a different version each week. Process it however you like… and tell us a bit about it. You don’t have to show the original image unless you’d like to. (I’m going to show mine in week 4 along with the 4 variations from the month). Others show theirs from the start. The choice is yours.
- Try new things, experiment. Be as creative or subtle as you wish to be. All skill levels are welcome.
Please Tag and Link up – this makes our challenge work.
- For WordPress blogs – Tag all of your One Four posts with One Four Challenge, so we can view your posts in the WordPress Reader. See this tutorial on how this works.
- For Blogger and other platforms – If you are on another blogging platform, please leave a link in a comment on this post, so we can find you!
- For everyone joining in – please leave a link to your post, under my corresponding blog post for the week.
I’m going to take some time out in November ( I’m sure I’ll schedule some posts 😉 ) and then return for the Challenge review for December. Our final month for the time being. After that I’ll be on holidays with my family over January, just taking some time off work and hopefully walking around properly by then, so we can do some holiday things.
Gosh! Christmas and the New Year are on their way!!
Have a great week.