Hello everyone! Hope you’ve had a fun week processing or taking your images. I’ve been away from the screen this week, except for a mobile device, so I decided to go with the flow and try something different… more on that further on 🙂
Hope you’re enjoying February with the challenge. I know I am and it’s great to see new and familiar faces joining us! ..and it’s good to see the group numbers growing too. Welcome everyone!
** Reminder: The challenge is running on the blog for Feb, May, Aug and Nov only this year…and in the Flickr group all year. Please make sure you read the changes below for the One Four and that you’re up to date with how we’re doing things this year..
Soooo… 4 times on the blog this year..
…and running simultaneously on Flickr in the new One Four Challenge 2016 Flickr group… for every month of the year in 2016. Don’t be shy about adding your images to the group – jump on in and say hi! 😀
You can read all about it by clicking on the One Four Challenge page in the menu above or click here
Please do what suits you best and join in however you can. I’m also hoping this opens our challenge up to people who are not on WordPress as well.
Reviews: Perhaps those of us who enjoy reviewing our images can use the in between months to revisit, review?
Tags: Our tags for this year, wherever you post are #onefourchallenge and #onefour2016
About the challenge and how it works:
- This challenge is about processing 1 image in 4 different ways over 4 weeks OR taking 4 versions of an image at the time of shooting (eg. different settings, lens etc.)
- We will all process / post edit (our own chosen image) and share a different version each week. Process it however you like… and tell us a bit about it. You don’t have to show the original image unless you’d like to.
- Try new things, experiment. Be as creative or subtle as you wish to be. All skill levels are welcome.
- Links to my blog are welcome.
As I said above, I’ve been away from the screen this week, except for a mobile device, so I decided to play with an App to see what I could come up with.
I will say up front, that this couldn’t be an exhibition print as I started with a small file, but it was fun to let go and just play. For this edition I used iColorama on the iPad.
One thing I am aware of is that the iPad screen is always much darker than other screens, so it’s always good to see it on another, to get a fresh perspective.
I used 3 overlays in this edition.
- An artistic scratchy layer with some opaqueness.
- Explosions! I love this, because it’s what I love to do with watercolour and it’s taken away some of the hard edges in this image.
- A light leak on the left hand side.
As I write this today, I’m back on my laptop, so I took it into PS and adjusted the exposure and added a bit of contrast. I know this isn’t an image with lots of clarity, but this time around I like this!
I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
These are my February images so far..
Now over to you! I’m looking forward to seeing your next edition.
Lets do week 3! 😀